News & Insights
Market Blog from Baird
- Are Your Fixed Income Investments Appropriate for Your Goals?
- Ten Mistakes that can Undermine Your Retirement Savings
- Wisconsin - Tax Update 2014
- 2019 Tax Facts
- Retirement Plan Contribution Limits for 2019
- Traditional and Roth IRA Overview 2019
- Qualified Charitable Distributions from IRA's
- Federal Budget Proposal for 2014
- American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012
- Permanent Estate & Gift Tax Relief
- Key Estate Tax Figures (2014-2019)
529 College Savings Plans
- Wisconsin - 529 Legislative Update 2014
- Benefits of 529 Plans
- 529 Frequently Asked Questions
- Education Savings Options
- What is Considered a Qualified Higher Education Expense?
- Qualfying for Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Strategies
- College Dorm Room Checklist
Social Security and Medicare
Taking Advantage of the SECURE Act
The new SECURE Act presents some significant changes to IRAs and other retirement vehicles. Here’s how you can take advantage of the new rules.
Protect Yourself From Wire Fraud
Wire fraud is one of the most frightening types of theft that can happen to you, if for no other reason than wire transfers are routinely transacted in the tens or even h...
The Difficulty in Calling a Market Top
Trying to “time the market” is both highly risky and incredibly difficult.
A Budget You Can Live With
A budget can be the first step toward achieving your financial goals. But it doesn’t work if it’s not realistic. Here are some steps to help get your finances...
When to Take Your Benefit: A Key Retirement Decision
You should manage your Social Security like any other investment. Unfortunately, most Americans don’t, and may be missing out on as much as $100,000 in benefits. He...
How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
The primary purpose of life insurance is to cover the financial needs of loved ones after you’re gone. How much is enough for your family? This guide from Baird can...
Financial Insights from Baird
Bull & Baird
A market blog that explores catalysts moving the day’s financial markets, shares links to relevant news stories and editorials, provides market perspecti...