Our Wealth Management Consulting Process
The Hilldore Group uses the following systematic consulting process for uncovering your most important goals and for designing and implementing appropriate solutions.
- Discovery Meeting. At our initial meeting, we conduct a discovery interview. This helps us identify the challenges you face in achieving all that is important to you. We examine your current situation, the goals you would like to achieve and how we can maximize the possibility of achieving those goals.
- Investment Plan Meeting. At this meeting, we present our diagnostic of your current situation and our recommendations for how we can bridge the gaps in order for you to reach your goals. This plan forms the foundation for all of our work together.
- Mutual Commitment Meeting. At this meeting, we are ready to make a mutual decision about whether our team can add substantial value and whether we should proceed. Should we both choose to work together, we commit to each other to work toward achieving everything that is important to you and your family. We also execute the documents necessary to put your investment plan in motion.
- 45-Day Follow-up Meeting. When you have multiple investment accounts, it's easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of paperwork you receive. At this meeting, we help you organize all that paperwork in a notebook that we provide. We also answer any questions you may have so that you understand exactly what is happening with your money.
- Regular Progress Meetings. These meetings, which we schedule at intervals convenient to you, provide us an opportunity to review any major changes in your personal or financial situation since our last meeting. If these changes mean that we need to make adjustments to your investment plan, we do so. We also review your overall progress toward your long-term financial goals. This meeting is also our opportunity to implement advanced planning recommendations that may be appropriate for your situation. We will present to you our advanced plan at our first Regular Progress meeting so that we can prioritize those areas of greatest importance to you and then begin to address them systematically.
Our Role as Your Personal Chief Financial Officer
This consulting process serves as our framework, but it is only the beginning. To ensure that your family's most important financial issues are addressed as needed, we serve as your personal chief financial officer.
As your personal chief financial officer, we set the foundation of your financial house through this investment plan. Once this is in place, we address additional components of your financial picture as needed. With your wealth management plan to guide us, we focus on four broad areas of your financial life:
- Wealth enhancement aims to produce the best possible investment returns consistent with your level of risk tolerance and to minimize the tax impact on those returns.
- Wealth transfer intends to find and facilitate the most tax-efficient way to pass assets to succeeding generations, and to do so in a way that meets your wishes.
- Wealth protection is aimed at protecting your wealth against potential creditors, litigants, children's spouses and potential ex-spouses.
- Charitable giving helps fulfill your charitable goals. It is most effective when coordinated with the three services above.
In accordance with your stated priorities, we will raise these issues and make our recommendations to you during our Regular Progress Meetings. Over time, this allows us to address all of your advanced planning needs.
For more information about our process with Baird, please contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert W. Baird and Co. does not provide tax or legal advice.