We put the best interest of our clients first.
From a foundation of integrity, we seek excellence in all our endeavors.
Our team, The Stuard & Thornberry Group, is a Private Investment Management (PIM) team supported by the resources of Baird. We provide comprehensive wealth management services to individuals, families and organizations in a family office environment.
We believe that a successful wealth management strategy begins with planning: setting goals and objectives along with a timeline for their achievement. Therefore, we are committed to understanding each client’s unique financial situation. Our disciplined approach to investment management is built around a thorough understanding of your priorities.
Elaina’s role in her team focuses on investment strategy, equity analysis, and portfolio management. She leads the team’s investment committee, which guides the portfolio management process and implementation. Additionally, with two children of her own with developmental disabilities, Elaina understands the challenges many other families face as they try to map out a financial future for their loved ones. This perspective helps her develop unique financial planning solutions for families with children with special needs.
A Wealth of Experience
Elaina joined Baird in 2002, and has worked in the financial services industry since 1987. Her broad experience includes equity and fixed income analysis, portfolio management, financial planning for individuals, and mutual fund administration.
Elaina earned her Master of Business Administration from Xavier University after graduating magna cum laude from Boston University with a degree in economics.
Committed to Exceptional Client Service
In 2012, The Stuard and Thornberry Group received Baird’s prestigious G. Frederick Kasten, Jr. Award which honors annually the individual employee or team which “consistently serves clients with integrity and provides outstanding advice and service.” Elaina has also been named a FIVE STAR Wealth Manager in Cincinnati Magazine in each year from 2012 through 2017.
She serves on the Advisory Council for the Private Investment Management (PIM) Program at Baird.
Commitment to Community
Elaina has a long term commitment to advocating for those with special needs. She has served on the Board of Envision, a non-profit organization which provides services for individuals with disabilities across their lifetime. She has also served on the Board of the Down Syndrome Association of Greater Cincinnati and currently serves on their Finance Committee. She previously co-chaired the DS Plus Community Group for those with a dual diagnosis of Down syndrome and autism.
Elaina also supports other women in business as a member of the Norwood Business & Professional Women’s Club, the Baird Women’s Associate Resource Group, Baird Women Advisors, and the Ellevate Network.
Elaina and her husband, Jim, reside in Blue Ash with their two children. She enjoys gardening, driving her Mini Cooper and is an avid fan of the Cincinnati Reds.
Ohio Insurance License #0H13641
Jonathan Thornberry, CPWA®, CFP®
Jonathan’s role within his team primarily consists of the development, implementation and monitoring of financial and estate planning strategies. This expertise along with his knowledge of insurance and annuity strategies help him assist clients with establishing an advanced financial plan customized to each client’s specific circumstance addressing the primary areas of wealth protection, wealth enhancement, charitable gifting, and wealth transfer.
A Wealth of Experience
- Jonathan is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional who has met the education and industry experience requirements of the College of Financial Planning.
- In 2016 he also successfully completed the Certified Private Wealth Advisor® The CPWA designation, delivered by Investment & Wealth Institute, is the only advanced designation designed for financial advisors and consultants who work with high-net-worth clients on the life cycle of wealth.
- He has been in the financial services industry since 2001. Prior to joining Baird in 2003, he worked at a financial planning firm in Chicago.
- In addition to earning the CFP® designation Jonathan has also completed the Accredited Wealth Management AdvisorSM (AWMA®) program with the College of Financial Planning.
- A graduate of Centre College he has also completed Xavier University’s Executive Certificate in Financial Planning and the University of Chicago Booth School of Business’s Investments & Wealth Institute Certified Private Wealth Advisor Education Program
- Jonathan is also a current member of the Cincinnati Estate Planning Council and a past member of the Financial Planning Association of Greater Cincinnati
- Jonathan was named to “On Wall Street” magazine’s list of Top 25 Regional Advisors Under 40 in 2017
Committed to Exceptional Client Service
- In 2012 The Stuard and Thornberry Group received Baird’s prestigious G. Frederick Kasten, Jr., Award which honors annually the individual employee or team which “consistently serves clients with integrity and provides outstanding advice and service.”
- Additionally, Jonathan has been recognized as a FIVE STAR Wealth Manager in Cincinnati Magazine.
Commitment to Community
- He currently serves on the Board of Trustees for the Freestore Foodbank Foundation and the Children's Law Center. He formerly served as a nine year board member of the Council on Child Abuse of Southern Ohio.
- In 2013 Jonathan was selected to by the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber to participate in its year-long C-Change leadership-development program for emerging leaders in the Cincinnati region.
- Jonathan currently lives in Northern Kentucky with his wife, Dawn, and their two children.
Ohio Insurance License #0H20081
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and federally registered in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirement.
Cory Curry, CFP®
Associate Financial Advisor
Cory graduated from the University of Cincinnati with a Bachelor of Business Administration specializing in Accounting and Finance. He joined Baird as an intern in June of 2007 and moved into his current role with The Stuard & Thornberry Group in 2009.
Cory currently assists with investment strategy, portfolio management, and financial planning. He is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professional who has met the education and industry experience requirements of the College of Financial Planning.
Cory serves as Vice President on the board of UpSpring, a non-profit serving the educational needs of homeless children and youth in the Cincinnati region.
Cory resides in Villa Hills, Kentucky with his wife, Kristen and their Aussiedoodle, Finlay. He enjoys the outdoors, traveling, and following University of Cincinnati athletics, FC Cincinnati, and Crystal Palace FC.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and federally registered in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP® Board's initial and ongoing certification requirement.
Justin Dammel, CFA
PWM Portfolio Specialist
Justin became part of the Stuard & Thornberry Group in April of 2016. He is responsible for research and assisting in the portfolio management functions for the team.
Justin earned his undergraduate degree from Ohio University and his MBA with a concentration in Finance from Xavier University. Justin is a CFA charter-holder and a member of the CFA Society of Cincinnati. Justin has 15 years of experience in the investment business, including roles in portfolio management and securities analysis.
Kimberly K. Hacker
Kim has been dedicated to providing excellent client service since she joined The Stuard & Thornberry Group in 2004. She possesses more than 20 years of experience in client correspondence and communication. Kim serves as the team’s communication specialist, which includes the coordination of all client correspondence, maintenance of client contact database, client service enhancements, client events, and special projects.Kim resides in the Anderson area and is the mother of two. She enjoys various outdoor activities including gardening and hiking.
Michelle D. Chester
Michelle joined The Stuard & Thornberry Group in September 2013. With over 12 years of dedicated client service experience, she serves as the team's cash, tax reporting, and performance review specialist. She focuses on the money movements and cash needs of our clients, overseeing periodic distributions, paying bills, and processing both charitable and family gifts. Michelle is also the go-to person for many of our clients and their accountants for help with finalizing and filing their tax returns and payments.Michelle graduated from Miami University with a bachelor’s degree in English Literature.Michelle lives in West Chester with her husband Stephen, son, and newborn twin daughters. She enjoys reading, cooking, practicing yoga, and spending time with her family and friends.