Our Wealth Management Process
- Discovery Meeting. At our initial meeting, we conduct a discovery interview. This helps us identify the challenges you face in achieving all that is important to you. We examine your current situation, the goals you would like to achieve and how we can help increase the possibility of achieving those goals.
- Investment Plan Meeting. At this meeting, we present our diagnostic of your current situation and our recommendations for how we can bridge the gaps in order for you to reach your goals. This plan forms the foundation for all of our work together.
- Mutual Commitment Meeting. At this meeting, we are ready to make a mutual decision about whether we can add value and whether we should proceed. Should we both choose to work together, we commit to each other to work toward achieving everything that is important to you and your family. We also execute the documents necessary to put your investment plan into motion.
- 45-Day Follow-Up Meeting. When you have multiple investment accounts, it’s easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of paperwork you receive. At this meeting, we help you get organized. We also answer any questions you may have so that you understand exactly what is happening with your money.
- Regular Progress Meetings. These meetings, which we schedule at intervals convenient to you, provide us an opportunity to review any major changes in your personal or financial situation since our last meeting. If these changes mean that we need to make adjustments to your investment plan, we do so. We also review your overall progress toward your long-term financial goals. This meeting is also our opportunity to implement advanced planning recommendations that may be appropriate for your situation. We will present to you our advanced plan at our first Regular Progress meeting so that we can prioritize those areas of greatest importance to you and then begin to address them systematically.
This process serves as our framework, but it is only the beginning. To help ensure that your family’s most important financial issues are addressed as needed, we serve as your wealth manager.
As your wealth manager, we work with you to set the foundation of your financial house through this investment plan. Once this is in place, we address additional components of your financial picture as needed. With your wealth management plan to guide us, we focus on four broad areas of your financial life:
- Wealth enhancement aims to maximize your cash flow, minimize taxes and address any liquidity concerns.
- Wealth transfer intends to find and facilitate a tax-efficient way to pass assets on to your chosen recipients and to do so in a way that meets your wishes.
- Wealth protection helps identify any financial blind spots and is intended to protect the wealth you have accumulated.
- Charitable giving helps fulfill your charitable goals. It is most effective when coordinated with the three services above.
In accordance with your stated priorities, we will raise these issues and make our recommendations to you during our Regular Progress Meetings. Over time, this allows us to address all of your advanced planning needs.